RichmondCommu
Established Member
New thread time!
What's the worst and best place you've ever been? It can be in the UK or International.
Best Place - Richmond, London. Seriously, if I ever become rich, I'm gonna buy a house in this area. Really pleasant place with Kew Gardens nearby to visit on a lovely summers day.
As a resident of Richmond I concur that its an expensive place to live. However my wife and I have proved that by getting an education and working hard its possible for people from very modest backgrounds to own a nice house in Richmond.
I agree that Kew Gardens are lovely however so is Richmond Park which is just a few minutes walk from our house. And then of course we have the river!
In answer to your question I have three favourite places; Antibes where we've had some wonderful family holidays, Sydney where my wife and I got married and Munich for its beer halls, beer gardens and views over to the Alps.
I only have two places which I really dislike. Hong Kong; I spent a year out there with my job and I thought the place was awful. In summer the humidity was horrendous, accommodation is a high rise tower block (even if you have money) and the way the poor are treated is a disgrace. And when I was living there the airport was horrible to fly in and out of although thankfully that has long since been closed.
The other place that I can't stand is Eltham in SE London. Its just a very nasty area with a deep seated reputation for racism. On the whole though I love London and I hope that Brexit will not wreck it as a place to work in and thrive.
Last edited: