• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belgium - A Near Miss During SLW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Timer

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
3,702
Location
On a plane somewhere at 35,000
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

defitzi

Member
Joined
25 Feb 2010
Messages
52
Location
antwerp Belfast france
An incident occurred Friday last week during SLW on another route in Belgium, when a train was sent onto the Single Line without authority near Chapelle-lez-Herlaimont.

An emergency stop broadcast was made when the error was realised and a collision avoided.

An Inquiry is now underway.

Source : http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenl...er-nipt-treinbotsing-vermeden-in-Belgie.dhtml

defitzi Damn lucky I'd say. Normallt, belgian Rail timings and movements so tight- whew. nd in the light of the recent big one, I think I'll stick to my bike or my boat when I'm back in Dixemuide base.
 

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2006
Messages
6,727
Location
Milton Keynes
is there any truth in the rumour regarding the crash south of Brussels, that it was a communication problem. Two railworkers who would not speak to each other in the same language, i.e. one spoke french & the other dutch?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top