• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Been waiting 17 years for a railway job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2014
Messages
238
No wonder I'm getting frustrated! ;)

Just adding up all the time since various applications and it comes out at 202 months. I've come to realise that the railway is famous for it's slow recruitment but, oh my god it's getting silly!


What's your time? :D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andrew32

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
492
11 months so far and that's after passing all the stages and been put on hold for a job until it was pulled.

In talent pool now after passing refresher interview for conductor role
 
Last edited:

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
Applied January this year, passed and in talent pool now for driver
 

Bluebri

Member
Joined
27 Nov 2013
Messages
180
Location
Wallasey
1st application in December for driver. Now passed assessments and in talent pool for mdd.
 

hockers193

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2014
Messages
8
Can any of you that have recently done the assessments give us hopefuls a heads up on what they put you through??

Thanks.
 

Andrew32

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
492
They send you the practice material through to ready you for the assessments, helped me alot.
 

Westwood85

Member
Joined
29 Nov 2013
Messages
33
3 months from applying to job offer for csa position.

3 months from applying to do assessments and interview to get to talent pool for trainee udriver.
 

Jones

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2014
Messages
238
Well damn. :oops:

I'm currently applying for anything anywhere as I'm flexible so I have a lot of applications ongoing and they soon add up. 60+ applications at 2-3 months each adds up.

I've only been looking for about 3 months in real time. :D
 
Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Out of interest what are you looking for on the railway though? Do you mind or do you simply want to become a driver?
 

Jones

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2014
Messages
238
Ultimate goal is to be a driver, as many I guess. :D

But I'm applying for on-board and on-track roles.
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
Waiting to start as a trainee driver after 7 months in another railway grade which was my first railway job.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top