Polls
Member
Hi guys. Just completed 85 hours of driving the East London line and loving every minute! Only got 140 hours to drive till I get to pass out....
However as the title of my thread might suggest I'm not here to chat about my Driver training. As you probably know the 378's now drive through the historc and rather gorgoeus victorian Brunel tunnel. Steeped in history and the first tunnel to be built under the Thames. I feel very humbled to be driving through it. Recently a walking group has been created to give talks on the tunnel and show enthusiasts the wonders of the tunnel. Only problem is, is you can't walk through the tunnel as there is thos large and rather cumbersome 378 trains rolling through it every 5 minutes at 30-40 mph! So you have to enjoy the tunnel from the Wapping or Rotherhithe platform. Now comes the problem....people on these groups are leaning over the barriers or leaning over the tracks to get a good look and a good picture of the tunnel. Surely as you are reading this you can probably guess what the problem might be with this? I have nearly taken people's heads off coming into Rotherhithe because people are not moving away in good time and I can see something disaterous happening. This is just a plea to anyone who might know who runs these groups, or are thinking of going on the Brunel Tunnel walk, please, please, please be careful. the tunnel is beautiful, but its not worth losing your head for :roll:
However as the title of my thread might suggest I'm not here to chat about my Driver training. As you probably know the 378's now drive through the historc and rather gorgoeus victorian Brunel tunnel. Steeped in history and the first tunnel to be built under the Thames. I feel very humbled to be driving through it. Recently a walking group has been created to give talks on the tunnel and show enthusiasts the wonders of the tunnel. Only problem is, is you can't walk through the tunnel as there is thos large and rather cumbersome 378 trains rolling through it every 5 minutes at 30-40 mph! So you have to enjoy the tunnel from the Wapping or Rotherhithe platform. Now comes the problem....people on these groups are leaning over the barriers or leaning over the tracks to get a good look and a good picture of the tunnel. Surely as you are reading this you can probably guess what the problem might be with this? I have nearly taken people's heads off coming into Rotherhithe because people are not moving away in good time and I can see something disaterous happening. This is just a plea to anyone who might know who runs these groups, or are thinking of going on the Brunel Tunnel walk, please, please, please be careful. the tunnel is beautiful, but its not worth losing your head for :roll: