MadCommuter
Member
- Joined
- 4 Oct 2010
- Messages
- 736
I feel for the commuters that have sunk their free time in to it for what is inevitably going to be nothing.
Was gonna say, they're gonna be pretty annoyed when they realise that getting a passport for bidding does not mean submitting a bid
And there it is. What a shock.
Shame on the journalist for using people to prove a point.
Quite a lot of Negativity from this thread, but the programme made clear that people were fed up and wanted change. I also note that Canterbury, a key place on South Eastern's network elected a Labour MP so perhaps they were voting for a change to the rail system.
Must say though, the DfT saying anyone can bid is laughable. The franchise system is not designed for anyone accept big businesses or international state owned rail operators.
What a waste of an hour. They could potentially have made this into something really quite interesting.
I think I might give this one a miss, but thanks for the reviews guys![]()
After sleeping on it, I'd have to say that if you watch it as a comedy it's actually rather good.
Not sure that was the intention though...
Quite a lot of Negativity from this thread, but the programme made clear that people were fed up and wanted change. I also note that Canterbury, a key place on South Eastern's network elected a Labour MP so perhaps they were voting for a change to the rail system.
Quite a lot of Negativity from this thread, but the programme made clear that people were fed up and wanted change. I also note that Canterbury, a key place on South Eastern's network elected a Labour MP so perhaps they were voting for a change to the rail system.
At 36 minutes there is an aerial view for a few seconds showing an Isle of Wight Steam Railway train being propelled. As the IWSR doesn't propel its trains I can only assume that they reversed the clip to give the effect that they were looking for. I'd love to know the relevance that the producers thought this clip had to the programme. Having said that it does show exceptionally neat and tidy track and lineside!
After sleeping on it, I'd have to say that if you watch it as a comedy it's actually rather good.
Not sure that was the intention though...