• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BBC Radio 4 - Mind the Gap: Britain's Transport Divide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Joined
18 May 2012
Messages
27,311
Location
Bolton
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b8nc1r/episodes/player

I have enjoyed these two short episodes on Radio 4 recently from Lynsey Hanley.

She discusses bus deregulation and the drastically variable provision of bus services in different parts of the country in the first episode, and then a slightly more jumbled discussion of local transport by railway in the second episode.

It's really interesting to hear this being talked about from the point of view of a mid-life professional who has built her family and career car-free. It has been something in my thoughts too recently about how I'm going to plan my own life in that respect. I'm aware of a significant number of friends including forum members who operate successfully in that way, with varied degrees of compromise on the different parts of their life.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,944
Location
Devon
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b8nc1r/episodes/player

I have enjoyed these two short episodes on Radio 4 recently from Lynsey Hanley.

She discusses bus deregulation and the drastically variable provision of bus services in different parts of the country in the first episode, and then a slightly more jumbled discussion of local transport by railway in the second episode.

It's really interesting to hear this being talked about from the point of view of a mid-life professional who has built her family and career car-free. It has been something in my thoughts too recently about how I'm going to plan my own life in that respect. I'm aware of a significant number of friends including forum members who operate successfully in that way, with varied degrees of compromise on the different parts of their life.
Yep same here, I downloaded both programs to listen to while I was working.
I thought that they were both very well done considering they were each only half an hour long.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top