• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Basignstoke to Plymouth 11th Jan 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Member
Joined
6 Mar 2019
Messages
274
Hi,

I have booked a single (advance) ticket for this Saturday from Basingstoke to Plymouth.


Naturally I know they are for specific trains only, but the connection time at Exeter St David's is only 7 minutes. If the SWR train doesn't get me there in sufficient time (I presume it is a permitted single journey regardless of being a split ticket as I have an itinerary) can I just take the next Cross Country train an hour later? Would it be better to get someone at Exeter to write on the ticket that I have authorisation due to a late arriving train and also take screenshots of the online train times? Hopefully it won't come to it, but it's a long SWR journey on a line prone to issues, especially in the winter.

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,171
Location
Wilmslow
The connection is valid; an itinerary shouldn’t be issued if not but in fact the minimum time between trains needs to be 6 minutes or more at Exeter Saint Davids.
You can catch the next Cross Country train if you miss your booked one, no need for new ticket, and you will be able to claim Delay Repay based on how late into Plymouth you are.
No need to get authorisation, it’s standard practice for advance tickets.
 

Sultan

Member
Joined
6 Mar 2019
Messages
274
Thank you very much. Always better to be sure of standard practice given some (not all / most) Revenue Officers can be over-enthusiastic issuing penalties and saying 'appeal' rather than doing the right thing for the circumstance (based on some of the posts on this site in the Disputes Thread)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top