• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barnstaple to Ton Pentre via Oldfield Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Joined
14 Jan 2010
Messages
5,610
edit - I apologise for the wrong title. I was going to ask about something else, but my to do list reminded me about my trip today.
As the topic title is that though. Can I use Ton Pentre to Oldfield Park, Oldfield Park to Westbury, Westbury to Exeter St Davids as a valid route? (as I'm guessing the shortest is going from Oldfield Park to Bristol Temple Meads, then from Bristol to Exeter).

I doubt I'm going to have a reply before my journey, but I'll try anyway.

Culham to Cardiff Central
Single
Young Person Railcard
departing after 18:00 today.

I have already bought my tickets, but I just want to check something.
According to the east coast site, I can get the 18.31 service to Radley, then the 18.43 service to Didcot. However, surely this is just doubling back on myself (which as far as I am aware, is not allowed)? My ticket says "Culham to Cardiff Central", so I would imagine a guard would ask me to pay the return fare from Culham to Radley, even though I bought the ticket on the east coast site?

Interestingly, this option does not appear on the nationalrail website.

Thanks for any information about this anyway.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
I wouldn't have thought that you could without specifying as much when buying the ticket (and thus paying more...).

Um, why Oldfield Park? Do you not mean Bath Spa? Oldfield Park is a worthless little station with only one train an hour each way that I'm slagging off because geographically it is my local station :lol:
 

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Joined
14 Jan 2010
Messages
5,610
Nope, I mean Oldfield Park. I live a two minute walk from there, so it is a lot easier for me when I need to collect things from the house. I'm at uni here, so a lot of times I'm carting things between my house back home, my house in Bath, and my girlfriends, and its just a lot easier to use Oldfield Park station than walking / busing from Bath Spa.

Was just wondering as I get fed up with seeing the same countryside all the time :).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top