CaptainHaddock
Established Member
- Joined
- 10 Feb 2011
- Messages
- 2,725
Hi, another quick routeing/validity query.
I'm making a journey from Barnsley to Doncaster tomorrow, but want to know if a through ticket permits me to change at Sheffield rather than Meadowhall.
On the one hand, the shortest route is to change at Meadowhall and therefore to go into Sheffield and back out again means you're doubling back on yourself.
On the other, going via Sheffield gives you more choice of trains as you can take the Cross Country to Doncaster that doesn't stop at Meadowhall, and of course you have the joys of the Sheffield Tap while you wait for your connection.
So would doing the journey via Sheffield be valid on a Barnsley-Doncaster day return or would I need to get Barnsley-Sheffield and Sheffield-Doncaster returns?
I'm making a journey from Barnsley to Doncaster tomorrow, but want to know if a through ticket permits me to change at Sheffield rather than Meadowhall.
On the one hand, the shortest route is to change at Meadowhall and therefore to go into Sheffield and back out again means you're doubling back on yourself.
On the other, going via Sheffield gives you more choice of trains as you can take the Cross Country to Doncaster that doesn't stop at Meadowhall, and of course you have the joys of the Sheffield Tap while you wait for your connection.
So would doing the journey via Sheffield be valid on a Barnsley-Doncaster day return or would I need to get Barnsley-Sheffield and Sheffield-Doncaster returns?