• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bank Station This Morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
Joined
29 Mar 2013
Messages
4,411
What on earth was the problem that caused such a huge queue of people coming in? I was coming out from the Northern Line so wasn't affected fortunately. I have never seen Bank that backed up before.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rebmcr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
4,005
Location
St Neots
What on earth was the problem that caused such a huge queue of people coming in? I was coming out from the Northern Line so wasn't affected fortunately. I have never seen Bank that backed up before.

Probably the Jubilee suspension causing many to divert on to the DLR to reach Canary Wharf.
 

hassaanhc

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
2,225
Location
Southall
Some DLR trains had to be diverted to Tower Gateway because of overcrowding at Bank. It was the busiest I'd ever seen trains arriving at Tower Gateway.

Jubilee line ended up completely suspended for about 30 minutes during the morning peak due to a faulty train at Baker Street. It had started running again by the time I reached Baker Street but there was an 8 minute wait so I went a different way (stayed on the Bakerloo). Also in the morning peak the Bakerloo suffered minor delays south of Queens Park and no service north of there due to a signal failure
 

LU_timetabler

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2017
Messages
176
Monday morning peak was epic-ly Bad!! There were so many lines with a delay, or some sort fault, be it train, signal or other that I think there were more lines not working a normal service, than were.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top