Hi, this is my first post so go easy on me!
I am trying to get to Northampton from Bangor (Gwynedd) on the 1st Dec or 30th November later on in the day, returning the 6th December in the morning or maybe late on Sunday 5th. I have done this journey before, and have either been able to get an advance ticket for £8.60 each way, or failing that an off peak return to Northampton for £38.90, or advance singles each way to Milton Keynes Central for £7.90 and then singles from Milton Keynes Central to Northampton for £4.90 each way.
However, there do not appear to be any off peak returns available for this route anymore! I don't know if it's just me being thick, but it will not let you go direct from Bangor-Milton Keynes and then Milton Keynes-Northampton on an off peak ticket, it's not listed as an option on the nationalrail site, and it's not listed as an option on the Virgin Trains website either, this is on anyday
They suggest going from Northampton-Crewe or via Birmingham which takes a lot longer and involves more changes, I am just wondering whether Bangor-Northampton via Milton Keynes is no longer a valid route?! Also there seem to be no advance singles available to Northampton anymore, I have e-mailed London Midland and Virgin Trains, with London Midland replying stating there is an "issue" with this fare and that they are working on it, this was e-mailed about a week ago and I'm just a bit confused as to what is going on! I don't know if anyone has any suggestions as to why this is, also if there is anyother way of getting between these places cheaply and quickly?
I'll be grateful if someone can help me with this matter!
Thanks very much.
I am trying to get to Northampton from Bangor (Gwynedd) on the 1st Dec or 30th November later on in the day, returning the 6th December in the morning or maybe late on Sunday 5th. I have done this journey before, and have either been able to get an advance ticket for £8.60 each way, or failing that an off peak return to Northampton for £38.90, or advance singles each way to Milton Keynes Central for £7.90 and then singles from Milton Keynes Central to Northampton for £4.90 each way.
However, there do not appear to be any off peak returns available for this route anymore! I don't know if it's just me being thick, but it will not let you go direct from Bangor-Milton Keynes and then Milton Keynes-Northampton on an off peak ticket, it's not listed as an option on the nationalrail site, and it's not listed as an option on the Virgin Trains website either, this is on anyday
They suggest going from Northampton-Crewe or via Birmingham which takes a lot longer and involves more changes, I am just wondering whether Bangor-Northampton via Milton Keynes is no longer a valid route?! Also there seem to be no advance singles available to Northampton anymore, I have e-mailed London Midland and Virgin Trains, with London Midland replying stating there is an "issue" with this fare and that they are working on it, this was e-mailed about a week ago and I'm just a bit confused as to what is going on! I don't know if anyone has any suggestions as to why this is, also if there is anyother way of getting between these places cheaply and quickly?
I'll be grateful if someone can help me with this matter!
Thanks very much.