I have recently received a fantastic gift from my wife. It's a 6-disc special edition of the 'Band of Brothers' Blu-Ray, which she somehow got for £18 brand new?? I would recommend this without hesitation to anyone who either hasn't seen it, or likes stuff set around WWII. There are more amazing stories in there than is believable, but the whole thing is backed up by interviews from surviving members of Easy Company. I spend most of the time watching it with a lump in my throat, and thoughts of my son and our current freedom too. It's very clichéd to mock the Americans performance in WWII, but suffice to say, when they turned up they did more than their bit. There's a couple of epic turns, Damien Lewis is superb in extreme, whereas David Schwimmer seems to get cast as close to 'Ross from Friends' as possible, maybe this has more to do with his own range. I know for certain that when finished I am going to watch it right through again to pick up details. The action is very real, and can be distracting at times. We should never forget the super human efforts of so many ordinary humans in the military. We truly take for granted how easy life has become, and for me, I may take myself and family down to Wootton Bassett to remember those who have fallen in our latest global struggle with freedom. They are all bloody heroes to me!
A comment I whole heartedly agree with, mumrar.