• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Banbury - Boundary Zone 6 CDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnm

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2009
Messages
4,992
Is a Banbury - BZ6 CDR plus a 1 Day Zones 1-6 Travelcard a valid combination to avoid the evening bar for off peak fares on fast services out of Paddington?

I'm right to think that Travelcard plus Boundary Zone tickets do not require services to call at a station in said zone, aren't I?

Banbury - BZ6 CDR has the restriction code B1 which says Return: By Any Train.

For me as a railcard holder this combination is £17.70 which gives a small saving over the BAN - Zones 1-6 ODT which is £18.95.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mathmo

Member
Joined
28 Nov 2008
Messages
338
In short, I think the answer is no. The barred trains list ( http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=522628&postcount=7 , though it may have changed since) applies to all Off-Peak Day tickets, irrespective of stated restrictions. I know this is at odds with every other ticketing restriction but apparently they can do that. So I don't think it's possible to find an easy way round the restrictions.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,540
Location
Yorkshire
In short, I think the answer is no. The barred trains list ( http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=522628&postcount=7 , though it may have changed since) applies to all Off-Peak Day tickets, irrespective of stated restrictions. I know this is at odds with every other ticketing restriction but apparently they can do that. So I don't think it's possible to find an easy way round the restrictions.
Isn't that being abolished? Anyone know the latest?
 

mathmo

Member
Joined
28 Nov 2008
Messages
338
Isn't that being abolished? Anyone know the latest?

My information is old so I wouldn't know of any changes. There still seem to be quite a few unavailable evening peak trains on a Reading - London CDR searching for dates in January though.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,540
Location
Yorkshire
They have changed the restrictions of tickets like London - Reading, finally no longer being underhand and sneaky about the restrictions and providing a full list of barred trains.
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,313
Hasn't it been established previously that BZ extensions are only valid outbound where the zones are the origin, despite fares from origins TO the BZs appearing in Avantix?
 

LexyBoy

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
4,478
Location
North of the rivers
Hasn't it been established previously that BZ extensions are only valid outbound where the zones are the origin, despite fares from origins TO the BZs appearing in Avantix?

I was surprised recently going to St Albans for the weekend that my wife was issued two singles - BZ6-SAC and SAC-BZ6 - for the journey (since we were coming back the next day). So they obviously can be issued, though perhaps are not supposed to be?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top