• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bad Weather in Scotland Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bAzTNM

Member
Joined
17 May 2011
Messages
342
Anybody got any tales of what happened to you today? I was stuck at Dalmuir Station for about 90 minutes today. I intended to go to Kilpatrick, but there was no chance of that happening. It's probably about 1000feet underwater by now.

How about you? How did you get on? Cheers!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fsmr

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2009
Messages
659
Anybody got any tales of what happened to you today? I was stuck at Dalmuir Station for about 90 minutes today. I intended to go to Kilpatrick, but there was no chance of that happening. It's probably about 1000feet underwater by now.

How about you? How did you get on? Cheers!

According to a collegue, the M78 at Abbington has so much water standing, its over the roof of on of the abbandoned cars
Dont know what the WCML is like
 

cambsy

On Moderation
Joined
6 Oct 2011
Messages
1,114
The West Coast mainline is ok as just check live departure boards,and ECML ok
 

PaulLothian

Member
Joined
27 Sep 2010
Messages
695
Location
Linlithgow
Not much fun here in the central belt - took the dog out for a walk (usually a mile or two) and she turned round at the end of the garden path and headed straight back to the house!
 

p123

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2011
Messages
148
Anybody got any tales of what happened to you today? I was stuck at Dalmuir Station for about 90 minutes today. I intended to go to Kilpatrick, but there was no chance of that happening. It's probably about 1000feet underwater by now.

How about you? How did you get on? Cheers!

With regards to how I got on, dare I answer it with another question: How did we all think that all singing, all dancing 'ready for winter' plan did today? I, personally, think it's been forgotten about. Already. Which might sound very negative and moany, but I'll elaborate further if anyone wishes me to!

And good luck with going to Kilpatrick! I'm a regular traveller to Bowling. As much as I feel Scotrail do a very good job with the franchise overall, looking at what they do to these two stations is appalling. During disruption the Helensburgh express trains are meant to stop at them both (as re-iterated in the winter plan) but they never do. And whenever staff are asked to request this from control, they always refuse. Even if due to disruption/cancellations the next service is hours away!
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
There was flooding at Larbert and First Scotrail were running a replacement bus service from Falkirk on the Dunblane route. Not sure how far up it was going - probably to Stirling.

I got the Bus which was running normally.
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
There was flooding at Larbert and First Scotrail were running a replacement bus service from Falkirk on the Dunblane route. Not sure how far up it was going - probably to Stirling.

I got the Bus which was running normally.



they got that one cleared quite smartly I notice. The buz is the multi agency response comitty and controll room were activated at lunchtime, a bit of a slow start but never the less good practice. I came down to Carlisle with TPE earlier and despite these units of theres being heavy the slowdown and takeoff at Lockerbie was, urm, interesting!

Look forward to seeing how the 19:04 pendo, normally a good runner copes as theres sure plenty water round here!

Dumfries - Kilmarnock is off and I think bustituted due to a landslip although that road can often flud too!
 

bAzTNM

Member
Joined
17 May 2011
Messages
342
Fire Alarms going off at Argyle Street caused a bit of a backlog this morning. Any news on Kilpatrick? Is it still under the sea?
 

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2011
Messages
8,339
Location
Herts
Just back from 2 days in Edinburgh and Glasgow - horrible weather in all aspects - lots of standing water.
 

Sadsmileyface

Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
184
Location
Glasgow, Scotchland
With regards to how I got on, dare I answer it with another question: How did we all think that all singing, all dancing 'ready for winter' plan did today? I, personally, think it's been forgotten about. Already. Which might sound very negative and moany, but I'll elaborate further if anyone wishes me to!

Well, to be fair, it was planned around snow and ice disruption. Not much could be done about the flooding from ScotRail's position.

Even if due to disruption/cancellations the next service is hours away!

Unless it's changed within the last few years, there's no special stop orders unless there's not another service for... I think either two or two and a half hours. It's been like that since at least 2005.

The situation seems odd because during disruption, it's usually the flyers that are cancelled and the all-stoppers that are kept running.
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,795
Location
Somewhere, not in London
The scottish see the bad and grim weather as a reason to hold on to the 158s they borrowed and never gave back to Northern?
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
agreed and if Nym is so keen for the 158s to go back then send us some pacers! :) wouldnt bother me but il bet the staff would moan!
I assume the earlier comment Re pacers performing badly at northern was due to slippy rails?
Personally its amazing that, A we never got any to start with and B that through 1 cascade or another we stil havent. Anyway il shut up now as im giving the impression wed welcome some and doubt the likes of our friend CarterUSM Would thank me!
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
please! *runs for cover from the fire of the anti pacer mob*

oT, red alert for strong winds in central and southwest scotland tomorrow, goodee not lol.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
scotrail capping speed limits on all services to 50mph from 10am today. Warnings of major disruption on roads.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top