• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bad start to the week for FGW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

Member
Joined
14 Feb 2007
Messages
565
That's how it was in Bomo - plenty of crew and spare stock. I have heard from Salisbury crews about the constant breakdowns and having to walk across a field to a farm house to use the phone.

I wish I'd have worked on locos but I don't envy the problems they had.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2006
Messages
7,992
Location
K
It seems that the Bournemouth Branch has been showered with excessive resources right up to the present day to the detriment of the more profitable routes like the Portsmouth Direct.
If SWT were still running steam locos I'd be on the footplate and for a lot less money than they have to pay nowadays, Desiro pilot? no thanks ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top