• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Backpacks of Ticket Inspectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

petter2

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2015
Messages
28
I noticed on Great Northern that ticket inspectors always carry a massive backpack with them.
I heard that these are somehow for the case they get attacked, but couldn't find any sort of further information about this online - can anyone shed some light on this?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2013
Messages
8,924
I noticed on Great Northern that ticket inspectors always carry a massive backpack with them.
I heard that these are somehow for the case they get attacked, but couldn't find any sort of further information about this online - can anyone shed some light on this?

Never underestimate how much of a pain it can be to have to work on trains all day. I would imagine a significant amount is food, drink and paperwork.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Never underestimate how much of a pain it can be to have to work on trains all day. I would imagine a significant amount is food, drink and paperwork.
And possibly a first aid kit too if one of them is trained
 

Dentonian

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2017
Messages
1,192
And possibly a first aid kit too if one of them is trained

That would be ironic, as passengers with backpacks are the most likely to inflict injury on other passengers. Clouted with one yesterday, and when the carrier swung round to apologise it hit me again!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top