Jurassicjewel
Member
- Joined
- 26 Sep 2018
- Messages
- 28
Just travelled from Kings Cross to Newcastle on an Azuma (14:00 to Aberdeen) which was running under the wires for the entire journey on Diesel. The Train Manager announced the train was running late, lost about 15 Minutes by the time it reached Newcastle. Later announcement was for operational reasons and due to a technical issue (operational speed was limited) the train would terminate at Edinburgh. Northbound travellers to Aberdeen were advised to catch any available train from Edinburgh.
I assumed that it would be terminated at Edinburgh as there is a maintenance facility there to check what the issue was , or whether these bi mode trains do not have enough diesel in the tanks to operate the whole journey from KX to Aberdeen , as presumably its normally on electric all the way to Edinburgh and Diesel only to Aberdeen. So they normally do not need full tanks?
Am I correct for any of these assumptions?
Thanks
I assumed that it would be terminated at Edinburgh as there is a maintenance facility there to check what the issue was , or whether these bi mode trains do not have enough diesel in the tanks to operate the whole journey from KX to Aberdeen , as presumably its normally on electric all the way to Edinburgh and Diesel only to Aberdeen. So they normally do not need full tanks?
Am I correct for any of these assumptions?
Thanks