• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Azuma naming at Darlington Tuesday 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,385
Money well spent. It supports an industry wide national celebration.
So we cancel and short form for this sort of thing? Sure the people who have been inconvenienced over the last couple of days appreciate a vinyl on a train.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,367
Location
Yorkshire
Be interesting to know at what cost this ‘naming’ has come at, from an internal source at LNER, over the last few days they have cancelled and short formed some services (due to other issues as well) to enable this set to have vinyl applied and to take part in todays event.
For sure it's not an "essential" spend, even if that unit was due to have the vinyls replaced anyway- a unique design rather than standard will not be a zero-cost change...

However, in the grand scheme of things any increase in cost for this naming will be negligible... and can you imagine the state of this website (and the Rail Enthusiast section of Twitter) if the 200th anniversary of the "First Public Steam-Operated Railway"* wasn't being marked by the industry?

*= Yes, I know the details of this claim are subject to discussion, but that isn't really relevant to my point. Hopefully I've included enough qualifiers anyway.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,940
Location
Fenny Stratford
So we cancel and short form for this sort of thing? Sure the people who have been inconvenienced over the last couple of days appreciate a vinyl on a train.
there is no need to wear the hair shirt. The cost will be less than the cumulative costs of tea bags for all of the LNER drivers mess rooms for about 1 month. I am sure the PR/Comms department will be covering the costs in any event.

Also, we may as well not bother with celebrating the railways if we cant afford to, checks notes, put some stickers on a train!

Yes, I know the details of this claim are subject to discussion,
no discussion required ;)

and can you imagine the state of this website (and the Rail Enthusiast section of Twitter) if the 200th anniversary of the "First Public Steam-Operated Railway
exactly!
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,940
Location
Fenny Stratford
Off topic, but… LNER mess rooms get tea bags bought for them?! Ours don’t! We have to provide everything but the water ourselves!
oh. I have no idea tbh. I just assumed they would all be free as part of the need for regular refreshment breaks. Bit harsh if you have to buy your own!

On the rare occasion work has taken me into such a location I have always been offered a cup of tea. I should offer to pay next time!
 

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,385
Off topic, but… LNER mess rooms get tea bags bought for them?! Ours don’t! We have to provide everything but the water ourselves!
All LNER staff areas, HO, stations depots etc, get tea, coffee and juice provided.
 

DanNCL

Established Member
Joined
17 Jul 2017
Messages
5,123
Location
County Durham
I am sure the PR/Comms department will be covering the costs in any event.
I don’t for one second believe the PR department will be covering the delay repay or seat guarantee costs for passengers impacted by short forms that were a direct result of the unit being out of traffic to be wrapped.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,940
Location
Fenny Stratford
I don’t for one second believe the PR department will be covering the delay repay or seat guarantee costs for passengers impacted by short forms that were a direct result of the unit being out of traffic to be wrapped.
I would expect a contribution - in the past I have worked in places where PR events causing operational impacts are at least in part charged back to the PR team

I worked somewhere where a ministerial visit ( not railways) caused chaos and led to a massive row about lost costs.
 
Last edited:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,277
The what now? :lol: Think you'll find that's an HST thing we don't have any of that old tat anymore in these parts!* That vehicle is a DPTF!

*I fear I should now retreat to a bunker for that comment to avoid the incoming shellacking? :lol:
It's a Nottingham thing. Even though they weren't a lot of us referred to our kitchen cars as TRUBs. Hence, it must be a Driving TRUB.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top