• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aylesbury to Paris by Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamskiodp

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2011
Messages
223
Location
Buckinghamshire
Hi there :)

I have a CIV ticket Aylesbury to Paris bought online from Eurostar. The route suggested is Aylesbury to Marylebone, then tube to Kings Cross/ St Pancras. Can I change at Amersham or Chalfont & Latimer for a Metropolitan line train direct to Kings Cross or do I have to go to Marylebone then tube to Baker Street and change again to Kings cross?

Hope this is clear?

Thanks,

Adam
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

button_boxer

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2009
Messages
1,271
In this situation I'd probably walk from Marylebone to Baker Street, it's less than 5 minutes and probably quicker than taking the Bakerloo by the time you've got down to the platform, waited for a train, gone one stop and then back up again.
 

adamskiodp

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2011
Messages
223
Location
Buckinghamshire
Thanks for a quick reply. I am travelling with my elderly father who uses a walking frame. I just thought it would be easier for him to change once at Amersham (same platform) and go straight to Kings Cross.

Thanks,

Adam
 

button_boxer

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2009
Messages
1,271
According to BRFares the ticket you have to london is routed "+Any Permitted" with the cross-London maltese cross marker, and the RUK fares and ticketing guide suggests that Amersham is a valid place to enter the Underground system for a cross-London transfer (though interestingly C&L isn't) so on the face of it that seems like it should be OK. But I'd personally want a second opinion from one of the more knowledgeable posters.

Maybe you should ask the question in the fares advice & policy section?
 
Last edited:

Gordon

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2011
Messages
1,145
Location
Surrey
How about going to Marylebone and getting a taxi to St Pancras International. This would entail less walking and no stairs as taxis can drop you off pretty close to the entrance to the check in part of St Pancras International, much better than the rather long walk to and from Underground at St Pancras International.






.
 
Last edited:

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,048
Location
Yorkshire
According to BRFares the ticket you have to london is routed "+Any Permitted" with the cross-London maltese cross marker, and the RUK fares and ticketing guide suggests that Amersham is a valid place to enter the Underground system for a cross-London transfer (though interestingly C&L isn't) so on the face of it that seems like it should be OK. But I'd personally want a second opinion from one of the more knowledgeable posters.

Maybe you should ask the question in the fares advice & policy section?

This is my own understanding also.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,487
Location
Yorkshire
(though interestingly C&L isn't) ...
It is, however, worth noting again from our Guide, that Amersham <> Harrow-on-the-Hill (and intermediate stations) is an "inter-available" route.

So you don't actually need there to be 'cross-London' validity. ;)

So, I agree that changing at Chalfont & Latimer would be permitted. These days that gives a greater choice than changing at Amersham. Changing at Harrow-on-the-Hill gives a wider range of services, but is not step-free.

The quickest might actually be to change at Marylebone and Oxford Circus, in terms of less chance of having to wait for trains, however the walk is then longer at King's Cross St Pancras. It is also best avoided at times when Oxford Circus station is busy!
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,985
Location
Airedale
So, I agree that changing at Chalfont & Latimer would be permitted. These days that gives a greater choice than changing at Amersham.

And, importantly for the OP, is guaranteed same-platform.
 

philjo

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2009
Messages
3,023
Providing the travel was not during peak hour (as the Euston Road can get very congested), I would consider as an alternative using the 205 bus which stops immediately outside the door at Marylebone.
You would need to use OysterPAYG on the bus but your Father presumably has a bus pass so it would be free for him.
I have used this a few times to get from Marylebone to Kings Cross with luggage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top