• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti west coast ticket validity during the forthcoming strike (27th Jul) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zod

Member
Joined
5 Jan 2008
Messages
590
The Avanti website quotes :

"Any customers with existing tickets for travel from 26 to 28 July can use those tickets anytime between now and 29 July."

I have an Advance Euston to Glasgow Central ticket dated for travel on Thurs 28th July. I assume that I will be allowed to travel anytime on Tuesday 26th ? I was at Euston yesterday and asked staff at the Avanti Information booth who knew nothing of this easement , nor did staff in the ticket office. I asked gateline staff and they too were unaware , as were several Train managers who were checking tickets prior to boarding. Could someone confirm that travel ticket restrictions will be lifted and I will be able to travel two days earlier. Its very concerning that none of the Avanti staff that I questioned had been made aware of this change.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,532
Location
LBK
The Avanti website quotes :

"Any customers with existing tickets for travel from 26 to 28 July can use those tickets anytime between now and 29 July."

I have an Advance Euston to Glasgow Central ticket dated for travel on Thurs 28th July. I assume that I will be allowed to travel anytime on Tuesday 26th ?
Correct.
Could someone confirm that travel ticket restrictions will be lifted and I will be able to travel two days earlier.
Yes, that's what the website says and this is the arrangement on LNER as well for example.
 

Skiddaw

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2020
Messages
476
Location
Penrith
It being Avanti, I woudn't hold your breath that whatever train you intend to travel on won't be cancelled.... deffo check before you head to Euston :rolleyes:
 

Wolfie

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2010
Messages
7,431
It being Avanti, I woudn't hold your breath that whatever train you intend to travel on won't be cancelled.... deffo check before you head to Euston :rolleyes:
.... and if it does run that some Avanti staff member at the Euston gateline tries to say that the ticket isn't valid....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top