• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast services - 21st & 22nd May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Redding

Member
Joined
25 Aug 2009
Messages
118
Location
Whitehaven, Cumbria
Hello,

I'm looking to book tickets on this route (between Penrith and Northampton - with obvious changes en-route), however it looks to be that Avanti timetables for this weekend have not been confirmed yet?

I understand they are more 'short notice' than they were before Covid & the Northern fiasco, but am I right in thinking it would be 6 weeks ahead of travel that it's confirmed? Or has that changed to a shorter time period again now? Just wondering when I will be able to book tickets.

I understand engineering works are on North of Carlisle and on the Northampton loop at points during the weekend.

Many thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wilbers

Member
Joined
10 Mar 2022
Messages
513
Location
Penrith
oddly enough I may be also be going between Penrith and Northampton, but in August (for pinfest [any other pinball fans on here?]); either that or drive, haven't decided yet. I'd got as far as seeing how many direct Rugby trains there are, as there are buses from Rugby and Northampton to Daventry, but the Rugby ones don't seem to operate on Sundays (which is quite likely when I'd return).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top