• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Revenue Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxt298

New Member
Joined
26 Jun 2025
Messages
2
Location
birmingham
Hi,

I was travelling between Birmingham new street and London Euston on the 11th June on an advanced single ticket. As i had missed my first train , I got onto the next one. At Euston, the revenue team were checking tickets . I was told to give my details and I would be contacted. I have since been contacted by the agency and i have been asked to pay £248 which includes a £150 admin fee.

The letter which I received states that the journey was made on the 16th June however I traveled on the 11th June.

Does this make the fine invalid and how can I appeal for a reduced fine ?

Many thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,174
Location
Wilmslow
The anytime single fare Birmingham to London is £98.50 so this is what I expect you have been charged.

If this is an out of court settlement, then the date can be corrected, it’s not a fine and there is no way it can be valid or invalid as a result.

If you don’t settle, they can take you to court instead.

If it’s something else, please post so that we can see.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,684
Location
LBK
The letter which I received states that the journey was made on the 16th June however I traveled on the 11th June.

Does this make the fine invalid
No.

and how can I appeal for a reduced fine ?
You haven't been fined. Strictly speaking the company is trying to recoup the fare allegedly due - can you confirm which train you actually travelled on? Why did you miss the first train?
 

nxt298

New Member
Joined
26 Jun 2025
Messages
2
Location
birmingham
oh great !
I travelled on a day time train advanced single which I had a ticket for which was at 11:22 however I travelled on the next train at 11:46. I missed the train due to traffic so no reason to do with delay trains .

Thank you for your response in advance !

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

My issue is with paying for the £150 admin charge is the reasonable ?
 

Cross City

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2020
Messages
936
Location
Birmingham
My issue is with paying for the £150 admin charge is the reasonable ?

Completely normal. They've had to put time and resources into revenue protection as a whole and investigating you individually.

You are of course free to let them take you to court where you can contest all of the charges.
 

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,174
Location
Wilmslow
£150 is fairly normal for an admin charge, at the end of the day you kind of have to take it or leave it and face the alternative of court
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top