• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast refusing my delay repay 19/6/2026

GodAtum

On Moderation
Joined
11 Dec 2009
Messages
2,684
IMG_1514.jpegIMG_1515.jpeg

I was on the 1716 so it was impossible to rush over to the 1719 train. I had an advanced Standard Premium single ticket which is valid on Avanti only.

The 1719 was a NorthWestern which I don't think my ticket would be valid for. The next Avanti was the 1743 departing at 1747 but I wanted to keep my seat on the train I was currently on plus I'm not sure my ticket would have been accepted.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
I see you already had a reply from Avanti, and others, to re-submit your appeal:

Ben Everitt @Ben_Everitt
Are you taking the piss @AvantiWestCoast?

1782056418095.png

Hi Ben, sorry to hear that, if you're unhappy, please appeal the claim via the link on the email. - Pete
I don't think there's any point Pete, I haven't got the serial number of the time machine I must have used to get off the train without a driver for 50 minutes and on to one om another platform that left 47 minutes before
It assumed you caught the next one, appeal it and add the information in the appeals box then it'll get manually reviewed by an agent

You are entitled to remain on a delayed train, when an alternative is available, if the seat is more important to you than Delay Repay compensation. However, it is unclear if you are still entitled to compensation, when you made that choice.

My advice would be to engage constructively.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,563
Location
LBK
Why is the OP using the former MP for Milton Keynes North's screen grab and passing it off as their own email?
 

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,293
Computer says 'No'? The scheduled 1716 Avanti departure was from platform 6 at London Euston whereas the 1719 London Northwestern departure was platform 14. Not exactly a cross-platform change of trains, even if the ticket(s) held were valid!
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
It really depends on what information was provided and what the sequence of events was.

The posts on Twitter and here are both very cryptic, so it's not really possible to give definitive advice.
 

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,582
Location
Crayford
What I will add is that later that evening I took the 1954 LNR service to Tring from platform 8. When I boarded it 30 seconds before departure the platform screens all said "Platform Closed" It's only because I came up from the Underground and could see "Tring" on the side display of the train that I knew it was the train I wanted. It left on time. Goodness knows how many people will have missed it if waiting on the concourse for it to be announced. Worst communications ever!
 

blimmo

Member
Joined
30 Jul 2025
Messages
667
Location
West Mids
What I will add is that later that evening I took the 1954 LNR service to Tring from platform 8. When I boarded it 30 seconds before departure the platform screens all said "Platform Closed" It's only because I came up from the Underground and could see "Tring" on the side display of the train that I knew it was the train I wanted. It left on time. Goodness knows how many people will have missed it if waiting on the concourse for it to be announced. Worst communications ever!
Are you sure it wasn't on the departure boards earlier? I believe at Euston they like to play the game of removing trains from departure boards long before the train actually leaves.
 

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,582
Location
Crayford
Are you sure it wasn't on the departure boards earlier? I believe at Euston they like to play the game of removing trains from departure boards long before the train actually leaves.
They may do that on the concourse, but the platform screens on p8-11 always stay on until the train leaves. I use that most Fridays.
 

Top