• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti -some good news for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnepaul

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2012
Messages
192
Location
Carlisle
Today, I managed to leave my wallet on a London-bound train at Preston. By the time I realised it had gone the train was leaving for London.

Thankfully I had the presence of mind to have a word with the dispatchers on the platform. I knew where I had been sitting. The dispatcher made a couple of quick calls and a member of staff found it by the time the train had got to Warrington Bank Quay. The same dispatcher had a word with the train manager on the next service to Warrington so I was not charged for the journey.

I was able to collect my wallet and get back to Carlisle. Well done Avanti staff. I have sent a message to them so my thanks can be passed on.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top