• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti seat selector on Trainsplit

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,983
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
Just wondering what the grey rectangles mean on the seat selector diagrams. I presumed they were tables, but the layout seems strange. e.g. Coach E seat 28 is facing a grey rectangle, but the other side of the rectangle is another seat E20 which faces away from it, i.e. if it is a table then E28 has its back to it. It may be something to do with the current social distancing measures, but you'd think there would just be spaces not strangely laid out seats shown. Of course I can't tell from the booking page and seat selector whether they are Pendolinos or Voyagers, but either way it's not clear whether I am selecting a table seat or not.

If you look at E66 and E58 they appear to face a table from opposite sides, but there is a big gap between E58 and what I assume is the table.

I wondered if they represented luggage racks, but I don't think they put those in the middle of carriages do they?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

erk

Member
Joined
21 Nov 2012
Messages
129
I think the big gaps are other seats, unreservable for social distancing.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
My advice is to use Trainsplit (or Trainscanbecheaper if anyone doesn't want "split" tickets) to book the tickets but to consult the Avanti seating plan document for detail regarding the specific seats.
 

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,983
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
Thanks everyone, I think I get it now. The seats that look like they are facing a table but there's a gap means they are actually one row away from the table, due to the opposing table seat being already reserved so no-one can sit opposite. I infer from that that the grey boxes are tables, and of course the selector only shows fully available ones. If someone books one ticket then presumably they are reserving the whole table. Travel should always be like this!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top