Consistency is what is needed
I travelled First class return from Rugby to Blackpool this week, northbound the customer service staff didn't show from after the Rugby stop until after Wigan NW, and that was to collect dirty mugs etc, no further tea, coffee etc.
Southbound on a different day the staff couldn't have been more helpful, plenty of visits up and down First class to make sure that the customers were happy.
FWIW I think the on board team should be given routine orders for the actual service they are working stating where food/drink should be offered and clean ups completed etc
On so many trains I have travelled on over the years catering staff have congregated around their own table near to the kitchen putting the world to rights instead of better looking after their customers, after all the anytime First ticket from Rugby to Blackpool North is £128 single.
I travelled First class return from Rugby to Blackpool this week, northbound the customer service staff didn't show from after the Rugby stop until after Wigan NW, and that was to collect dirty mugs etc, no further tea, coffee etc.
Southbound on a different day the staff couldn't have been more helpful, plenty of visits up and down First class to make sure that the customers were happy.
FWIW I think the on board team should be given routine orders for the actual service they are working stating where food/drink should be offered and clean ups completed etc
On so many trains I have travelled on over the years catering staff have congregated around their own table near to the kitchen putting the world to rights instead of better looking after their customers, after all the anytime First ticket from Rugby to Blackpool North is £128 single.