• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti Manchester-Euston, 4 Feb 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panceltic

Member
Joined
2 Nov 2012
Messages
318
Location
Manchester
Hello,

I am trying to book a return journey form Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston on 4 Feb returning on 11 Feb.

All the direct MAN-EUS services seem to have no fares available on 4 Feb, what's the issue here? If I buy an off-peak return (£64.70 with a railcard) can I still travel on those trains?

Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Puffing Devil

Established Member
Joined
11 Apr 2013
Messages
3,168
Engineering work around Stockport and limited service - Avanti only running hourly via Macc. Full details in the link below.

 
Last edited:

Rail Ranger

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2014
Messages
1,156
The line is blocked just south of Stockport on 4th and 5th February. Manchester-Euston services are presumably running via Styal. Amazing that that is not yet shown on the National Rail website. And yes it is still a walk on railway despite what the Internet may indicate.
 

rrapynot

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2018
Messages
29
I travelled between Euston and Preston on the same day, Feb 4th.

No advance tickets were on sale until a couple of days before travel, then the only service which had an advance ticket available was one that arrived after midnight.

I ended up buying a walk-up ticket but “luckily” my train was delayed 40 minutes so I was entitled to Delay Repay. Avanti refunded me 100% for some reason.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top