Exactly. I've heard this announcement for years at Lancaster, and I've often thought the fact that this kind of language is being used in an "official" announcement is odd, but my main objection is that it takes up a lot of room in the announcement that is played as the train enters the station, which contains a lot of important information like which zone to stand in for which coach, at a critical moment when passengers need to be focusing their minds. The fact that the food is delicious - on the train I've not only already bought tickets for but am in the middle of battling through a crowd to get on - is not only superfluous but rather distracting.I've not heard the announcement. Is it actually an advert, or is it along the lines of "the 1234 to London Euston, first class is in coach K, premium standard is in coach H, and there is a shop in Coach C serving delicious hot and cold food".
If the latter I'm a bit uncomfortable with it. There's enough audio sewage at railway stations without inserting superfluous adjectives into announcements which should be purely factual. What next, "Text 61016 and a hunky policeman will get back to you within twelve working months".
And yes, I think it would be less weird in a nationalised system where there aren't, as there currently are, competing private operators, indeed advertising the benefits of the railway like this (at less critical moments!) would be a good thing. But if competing TOCs were to start choosing their own messaging in this way across the board it could get pretty messy. What happens when Lumo (without meaningful catering so deprived of this selling point) insist that they want their announcements to say "Platform 4 for the affordable, convenient service to London..."?