• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti advance tickets on a Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamn

Established Member
Joined
22 May 2008
Messages
1,694
Does Avanti not do Advance tickets on a Friday? Or do they just sell out super quickly? I want to travel from London to Oxenholme / Windermere on Friday 3rd nov and there's absolutely no advance tickets available as far as I can see. A search on Fridays before and after showed the same. I'll prob do a split ticket to save a few quid.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wilbers

Member
Joined
10 Mar 2022
Messages
512
Location
Penrith
I've just looked using the railforum booking engine and there are certainly some there, just not on the fastest trains which presumably aren't showing as its a smidge too far away for those tickets to have been released. £38.01 on the direct 0906 Avanti running via Birmingham, and a surprisingly cheap £25.36 using 0946 WMT to Stafford which is only about 45 minutes slower than the direct trains.
 

williamn

Established Member
Joined
22 May 2008
Messages
1,694
I've finally got around to booking this, just on an open ticket as that's all where there was, but I've had the message 'Sorry, seat reservations are currently not available for this service. You may sit in any available seat appropriate to the class of your ticket.'

Anyone know why? Seems odd as my friend who booked a couple of weeks ago has got a reservation all ok on the same train (11.30am from Euston)
 

Furrball

Member
Joined
9 May 2011
Messages
601
Avanti booking seems to be all over the place at the minute

Coming up no tickets available but then you retry and it works

Or if you have selected a flexible ticket you get the same no tickets but you select an advance and that is fine and the seat map shows the train half empty
 

williamn

Established Member
Joined
22 May 2008
Messages
1,694
Avanti booking seems to be all over the place at the minute

Coming up no tickets available but then you retry and it works

Or if you have selected a flexible ticket you get the same no tickets but you select an advance and that is fine and the seat map shows the train half empty
Yes I eventually managed to get it to reserve me a seat, and looking at the seat map there’s almost no seats reserved on the train, yet no advances available! I’m just going to leave it in case some advances get released later…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top