• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti 390 at the RES platforms at Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,732
Location
Scotland
Really quick question. Just passed through Preston and 390 114 was over at one of the RES platforms. I can't say I've ever seen a 390 across there, is it just that I've not been through Preston at this time of day or is it poorly?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2005
Messages
4,284
Looking on Realtime Trains, it appears it had been working 1M08 07:36 Glasgow Central to London Euston today, which terminated at Preston due to a train fault.
 

Cheshire Scot

Established Member
Joined
24 Jul 2020
Messages
1,677
Location
North East Cheshire
Really quick question. Just passed through Preston and 390 114 was over at one of the RES platforms. I can't say I've ever seen a 390 across there, is it just that I've not been through Preston at this time of day or is it poorly?
I understand the RES platform is one of several locations at Preston where Pendolinos do stable from time to time albeit more usually overnight.
 

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Joined
22 Feb 2011
Messages
21,942
Location
Mold, Clwyd
Staff can access the RES island via an extension of the subway tunnel.
But the extension (by the P1/P2 steps) has a security door saying "access only for authorised users" or such.
The RES platforms won't have any passenger facilities or controls either.
 

standish1

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2020
Messages
56
Location
STANDISH
Can be used has an escape route for pasengers ,when glass comes off the station roof. A frequent event at the station. Long walk back to the car park!!
 

driver9000

Established Member
Joined
13 Jan 2008
Messages
4,569
Not normally, but I believe they were used when the Lytham golf event took place several years ago.

Yes that was for 2012 Golf open and the platform was marked out with specific walkways, fencing and additional temporary lighting. Under normal circumstances it doesn't meet the standards for passenger use and is designated as a Goods loop.
 

thealexweb

Member
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
1,106
HS2 Ltd provided this map a few years back. I guess the proposed bridge extension and reopening the tunnel are dead now?
 

Attachments

  • Preston.png
    Preston.png
    350.7 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top