• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW. No reservations. Look what happens.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracky

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2011
Messages
483
Doing so for an Advance ticket may incur a £10 change fee.

I don't see why, as you are not changing the journey...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Consistently when I've taken advance tickets booked online to ATW ticket offices they try and charge me £10 per seat. And that was on a straw poll survery of six.

Out of interest, where are the offices charging?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
I don't see why, as you are not changing the journey...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


Out of interest, where are the offices charging?

The rules on Advance tickets is that there is a £10 change of journey fee, plus any difference in price between what was paid and the new ticket.
 

Tracky

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2011
Messages
483
The rules on Advance tickets is that there is a £10 change of journey fee, plus any difference in price between what was paid and the new ticket.

Yes, but providing a seat on the train on which you have a counted place does not change the journey.

I always provided them free of charge when I was in the office and it was never questioned.
 

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
Yes, but providing a seat on the train on which you have a counted place does not change the journey.

I always provided them free of charge when I was in the office and it was never questioned.

Sorry, I misread the previous post, I didn't realise you just meant a reservation on a train that was already booked :oops:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top