• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Manchester to South Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam0984

Established Member
Joined
18 Feb 2014
Messages
1,213
I'm currently on 0730 Manchester Pic to Carmarthen and it's formed of 158823 and wondered if this is regularly a 158 or if it was substituting for the normal 175?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam0984

Established Member
Joined
18 Feb 2014
Messages
1,213
Okay thanks. I saw the RTT and it said 158 I know that's just timing and not allocation. Also the reservations seemed to be right right seat numbers and direction are the 158/175s the same seat layout so they're interchangeable without messing up the reservations?
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Okay thanks. I saw the RTT and it said 158 I know that's just timing and not allocation. Also the reservations seemed to be right right seat numbers and direction are the 158/175s the same seat layout so they're interchangeable without messing up the reservations?

Yes, this is indeed the case! Very clever how they do that! (although there are instances of luggage ravks against windows and some seats against the walls!)
 

Adam0984

Established Member
Joined
18 Feb 2014
Messages
1,213
Yes was a 2 car and wasn't too busy either plus the bonus of plug sockets!!
 

Parallel

Established Member
Joined
9 Dec 2013
Messages
4,539
Occasionally if neither a 175 or a 158 is available a 150 will work the service, either 2 or 4 car although this tends to happen more on Sundays.

IMO 175s are great trains but I am still really impressed with Arriva's 158 refurb, they feel like new trains! Always a pleasure to travel on either of these two units.
 

Gareth Marston

Established Member
Joined
26 Jun 2010
Messages
6,231
Location
Newtown Montgomeryshire
Occasionally if neither a 175 or a 158 is available a 150 will work the service, either 2 or 4 car although this tends to happen more on Sundays.

IMO 175s are great trains but I am still really impressed with Arriva's 158 refurb, they feel like new trains! Always a pleasure to travel on either of these two units.

158 Air con was not touched you can tell when the windows are open in a vain attempt to keep those inside cool. 175's will either freeze or fry you.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
I've always been pretty comfortable on a 158 or a 175, whether making the short hop between Llanelli and Swansea, or going all the way to Manchester. Mind you, I usually wear layers so I can regulate my own temperature!
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
I've always been pretty comfortable on a 158 or a 175, whether making the short hop between Llanelli and Swansea, or going all the way to Manchester. Mind you, I usually wear layers so I can regulate my own temperature!

I love both the 175s and the 158s. I just wish the 175s had plug sockets!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top