• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Club 55 Return ticket date

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,986
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
I have just bought a Club 55 ticket for Hereford to Southport at my local ATW station, for departure on 8th December, and notice that the "Valid until" date on the Return ticket is 7th January.

The details of the Club 55 offer state that travel must be completed by 11th December.

Given the printed date, could they object if I used the ticket to return after 11th December?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blackfive460

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
869
2) Club 55 travel will be valid between 6 September and 11 December 2010. Outward travel is permitted on the date shown on the ticket and return travel is permitted within one calendar month of the date of outward travel or 12 December, whichever is the earlier. All travel must be completed by 12 December 2010. Travel on 13 December or later will require a new ticket to be purchased
Seems clear enough to me.
Your return must be on or before 12th December. .
 

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,986
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
I wonder why they didn't print 11th December on the return ticket then. Doesn't matter, I was coming back on 10th anyway, but just wondering what the official position would be if someone who hadn't read the t&cs properly tried to use it after 11th Dec and before the stated 7th Jan expiry date.
 

blackfive460

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
869
Chances are you'd get away with it since you have an apparently valid ticket unless, of course, you get the gripper who knows and insists on applying the rules!
No doubt the 30 day return date is simply because the system is unable to cope with a variable outward date and fixed final return date.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top