• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATOS Anne Announcements - Publicly Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjmillsnun

Established Member
Joined
13 Feb 2011
Messages
3,275
I miss the old Robert Lister NSE announcements. His voice was very clear.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stadler

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2023
Messages
3,304
Location
Horsley
I miss the old Robert Lister NSE announcements. His voice was very clear.
Yes i agree. Robert Lister was brilliant. I always really liked the BR era announcements. Considering the technology at the time the announcements still sounded very good. They were recorded well.

I liked a lot of the other announcers too. Angela Peberdy was great too. She had a very well spoken RP voice. John Elgar was another great one. He was at quite a few stations including London Victoria up until the early 2000s.

Some examples here of the seven main announcers used in the NSE area in the 80s and 90s:

Infomat - Angela Peberdy:


Infomat - Gordon Reid:


Infomat - Julie Berry:


Infomat - Liz Crowther:


Infomat - Robert Lister:


Ditra - Unknown Female:

https://youtu.be/7z7Xldm6yhk

Ditra - John Elgar:

https://youtu.be/oUzV4riyMJ4

I feel like we have gone downhill with some of the Worldline automated announcements of today which just do not seem as high quality.
 

bicbasher

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2010
Messages
1,839
Location
London
John Elgar was the voice of my childhood when I'd travel from Charing Cross or London Bridge.
 

londonbridge

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Messages
1,896
Seeing this thread bumped prompts me to ask, has anyone made anymore progress decoding the .pcc files mentioned in the other, similar Ketech thread?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top