I'm sure there's people on this forum who have had more attempts. Have you asked for feedback? Do you use the STAR structure?Applied for a trainee driver and have gone through pyschometrics with no problem at all, I seem to be stuck at manager interview stage. Failed 3 interviews so far. Do you know anyone who had more attempts and became successful?
Personally I wouldn't give up until the psychometrics run out .Applied for a trainee driver and have gone through pyschometrics with no problem at all, I seem to be stuck at manager interview stage. Failed 3 interviews so far. Do you know anyone who had more attempts and became successful?
I got my trainee driver job on my fourth interview, I’m terrible at interviews but you’ve got to keep persevering, best of luck to you.Applied for a trainee driver and have gone through pyschometrics with no problem at all, I seem to be stuck at manager interview stage. Failed 3 interviews so far. Do you know anyone who had more attempts and became successful?
I know a guy from the north that applied and had 17interviews and passed the test 3 times then got a drivers job .Applied for a trainee driver and have gone through pyschometrics with no problem at all, I seem to be stuck at manager interview stage. Failed 3 interviews so far. Do you know anyone who had more attempts and became successful?
I know a guy from the north that applied and had 17interviews and passed the test 3 times then got a drivers job .
Just keep pushing the right job will find you soon. Best of luckThank you everyone. Really appreciate your replies. Just what I needed to hear. I’m already on the railway in safety critical position. Rejection knocks your confidence down a bit, but I will stand back on my feet and try again.
What about if its the same TOC I already work for? Think I just need to look elsewhere …I got a "thanks but no thanks" at the DMI stage from four seperate TOCs, one of those was for a shunter driver role, the rest mainline. A few years on and I'm a Driver Instructor at the fifth TOC who interviewed me, so don't worry about it, most get there in the end.
You know nothing John SnowI know a guy from the north that applied and had 17interviews and passed the test 3 times then got a drivers job .
I applied to SWT/R a few times when I worked for them and didn’t make the papersift most of them. Admittedly it was prior to when they changed to the FirstGroup recruitment process.What about if its the same TOC I already work for? Think I just need to look elsewhere …
Is this the norm or common?At least you're getting to the interview stage, you just need to work on your interview skills and you're in with a very real chance. I've never even had a reply back from any of my 6 applications so far, never-mind passing the psychometrics!
It's very common with the TOCs I have found after applying for trainee train driver jobs. Network Rail jobs I've applied for are a lot better at giving you updates though and don't keep you hanging like the TOCs tend to (in my experience)Is this the norm or common?
I currently have an application under consideration with a TOC for a trainee position. I received afew ‘we are sifting’ and ‘please be patient’ emails but I’ve heard nothing for over two months since and thinking too much time has passed for a positive outcome
Pretty much the norm as above, if you do manage to get a reply you'll usually be looking at a few months wait.Is this the norm or common?
I currently have an application under consideration with a TOC for a trainee position. I received afew ‘we are sifting’ and ‘please be patient’ emails but I’ve heard nothing for over two months since and thinking too much time has passed for a positive outcome