• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

As a passenger what problems/incidents do you report to station staff/TOCs/Network Rail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Travelling Waterloo to Reading once and reported a fare dodger to some RPOs. I’d spotted him dive into the toilet as soon as he’d boarded at one of the suburban stations. The RPOs stood and waited, but as soon as it was his stop he emerged and bolted. RPO came back for a chat, as he’d seen my pass, and said he thought he was a regular dodger.

As staff, if passengers report something to me I endeavour to get it passed on to the appropriate team if it requires action. The regular ones I get as a guard are faulty TVMs at unstaffed stations, and I always check the out of service list and then email the retail team to let them know if the machine isn’t listed.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2011
Messages
8,344
Location
Herts
Good advice from time served staff when I joined in 1979 , was "always observe passing trains - and never turn your back on a departing train"

Still observe those basic rules in retirement , and still report things. Far too many to list.
 

Lucan

Established Member
Joined
21 Feb 2018
Messages
1,265
Location
Wales
Poor road surfaces are the norm, the local authority's response if they get very bad is to stick up a red sign saying "Uneven Road"
Wow, real action! The only response I have ever got from local highway authorities is "We are monitoring the situation". It sounds like a little uniformed council jobsworth would be set up in a kind of sentry box at the site and watch it 24/7 for several weeks. In my imagination anyway.
 

Robin87

On Moderation
Joined
30 Aug 2019
Messages
13
Location
Scotland
The official BTP wording used to be "If you see something which doesn't look right", but it appears to have changed to "If you see something that doesn't FEEL right". I guess this is open to subjective interpretation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top