• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Trains Wales WAG2 67003

Status
Not open for further replies.

jones_bangor

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2011
Messages
856
Wasn't aware they had got any dispensation to run the 67s quicker yet, either that or they are going to run a slower path.

Network Rail have obviously received a call from the new minister! Expect a few pencils being sharpened quickly, and sudden innovative thinking!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

junglejames

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2010
Messages
2,069
Stupid question. Im probably very slow. But where are the Mk3s coming from? Is it out of DB/ Chilterns stock?
 

anthony263

Established Member
Joined
19 Aug 2008
Messages
6,893
Location
South Wales
Stupid question. Im probably very slow. But where are the Mk3s coming from? Is it out of DB/ Chilterns stock?

I think DB have some MK3 carriage's in storage which were supposed to being refurbished for the ATW service in addition to those supposed to being used for chiltern
 

merlodlliw

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2009
Messages
5,852
Location
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
Anyone know what service it was being used on and what is being used in its place?

It was taken off the 0805 Holyhead to Cardiff for ATWs 0750 WAG2 open Access and replaced with a 150 which does various Holyhead to Cardiff diagrams.
The 175 is franchise stock

Bob
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Network Rail have obviously received a call from the new minister! Expect a few pencils being sharpened quickly, and sudden innovative thinking!

The comfort zones in Network Rails Cardiff HQ have disappeared along with the land of leather. The new Minister knows he will be questioned about the trains next week in the Assembly,
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Might actually make them a bit of money for once, since the Kitchen Car is still out of order ... :oops:

bought in Fish & Chips for the average two passengers then:) prepared at the St David's of course.
 

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
4,861
Presumably a 67 and DVT could operate with the existing mark 2 stock and Mk3 restaurant first in any case?

Not sure if there's a 2nd Mk3 restaurant about, but there's certainly enough Mk2's to make a couple of trains......

I seem to remember a debate on here about a meeting room in the WAG express mark 3 buffet car. I think it turned out this feature was on the spare buffet car, but not the one normally used. This suggests that there is a spare buffet car.

As for mark 2s, I seem to remember 13 as a figure for the number ATW have, although some sources suggest it could be as many as 22. I guess only 6 are painted in WAG express livery though.

they need modified (as with the WSMR stock) to have the AAR cabling and connectors- the AAR system doesn't use the RCH jumpers and lighting cables used by the older system
I read somewhere that the ATW mark 2s previously were used with top-and-tail class 37s and were through wired with the appropriate multiple working stuff. Could you use the same wires and just cut the sockets off and solder on another type of socket????;):lol:
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
I don't know about them being through wired, but they were top and tailed for use by ATN on some Leeds-Carlisle-Leeds services before moving to Cardiff.
 

Bakers1970

Member
Joined
16 Apr 2010
Messages
42
I seem to remember a debate on here about a meeting room in the WAG express mark 3 buffet car. I think it turned out this feature was on the spare buffet car, but not the one normally used. This suggests that there is a spare buffet car.

As for mark 2s, I seem to remember 13 as a figure for the number ATW have, although some sources suggest it could be as many as 22. I guess only 6 are painted in WAG express livery though.

I read somewhere that the ATW mark 2s previously were used with top-and-tail class 37s and were through wired with the appropriate multiple working stuff. Could you use the same wires and just cut the sockets off and solder on another type of socket????;):lol:

Yes RFM 10259 is used in regular service, with RFM 10249 hot spare stood at Canton..Also, 10259 has the "meeting " area partition removed whereas 10249 still has it fitted.
 

jones_bangor

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2011
Messages
856
I don't know about them being through wired, but they were top and tailed for use by ATN on some Leeds-Carlisle-Leeds services before moving to Cardiff.

Do we know for certain that Mk3's are in the pipeline? TBH, as a regular user of this service, I'm perfectly happy with the Mk2's!

Is there anything to the rumours that more of the North-South services will be loco-hauled?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top