• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Trains Wales on line booking / The Trainline

Status
Not open for further replies.

0B00

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2010
Messages
222
Location
Shropshire / Welsh Border
I've just purchased two Advance tickets from Penryhndeudraeth to Shrewsbury for the October school week.

I used the ATW website and paid the full amount by debit card.

In the 'Payment' section of the final Booking Confirmation screen after making the booking was the comment 'You saved £6.55 with thetrainline compared to buying your ticket at the station on the day of departure'.

Now I presume Arriva use the trainline 'back office' but I am at a loss to understand why any TOC would wish to suggest that their customer has used another business to make their purchase !?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krus_aragon

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2009
Messages
6,107
Location
North Wales
Arriva do indeed use trainline to provide their online ticketing services. I would guess that this is a message that should be shown only when trainline is processing one of their own transactions, but that the booking software forgot to check who it was doing business on behalf of.
 

gazthomas

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2011
Messages
3,466
Location
Llandudno
Arriva do indeed use trainline to provide their online ticketing services. I would guess that this is a message that should be shown only when trainline is processing one of their own transactions, but that the booking software forgot to check who it was doing business on behalf of.

Yeah, looks like a bug.

Must admit, for such small saving in the advance compared to buying on the day the little extra gives more flexibility
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top