• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Trains Wales business class upgrade - conditions (ticket types)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEE-DE

Member
Joined
25 Oct 2014
Messages
128
Hello,

ATW don't reply to my request for up-to-date conditions of their BRFares ATW BUSNSS ZONE. I can't seem to find out which tickets type this is possible with and where it can be bought. We'll be travelling on BRFares SAILRAIL STNDBY, although I might end up buying them in Ireland. If this upgrade isn't possible we'd most likely just travel to Dundee, therefore avoiding the sleeper. Going to Carnoustie we'd have to use the (seated) sleeper and could wait a bit longer at Cardiff to catch the Premier Service and reduce the wait at Crewe.

Cheers.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
How long have you given them to reply? In my experience ATW are very inconsistent in their response times. Sometimes I've had a reply within a day or two, other times it's taken weeks. It might be worth giving them a nudge by phone, though I wouldn't be surprised if they initially take your details and tell you someone will call you back.
 

DEE-DE

Member
Joined
25 Oct 2014
Messages
128
A month by email and a few days on Twitter. It's just getting annoying because I still want proper reservations for two people.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
Twitter usually gets quicker responses, but a couple of days in this case suggests that it may be a question that has had to be escalated upwards, maybe as far as the pricing manager.

If only they were a bit more effective at issuing holding replies, at least then you'd know what was happening and not feel as if the question was being ignored. I'd be ringing them to see if anyone could tell me from the internal systems what was happening.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top