This morning, prior to picking up my wife from hospice I made a detour to Co-op crossing in Arlesey to take some photo's of HSTs in the sun and snow.
I knew it was coming, but I was horrified to see the 4 track open foot crossing had been replaced by a very large footbridge bound by very tall steel fencing. Good photos ate now pretty much impossible unless you have a tall ladder.
A real shame as it was one of my favourite places locally. This is how it was before hand:
Southbound Deltic - http://railwayherald.com/imagingcentre/view/202972/PL
Northbound Steam - http://railwayherald.com/imagingcentre/view/229370/PL
Southbound GC HST - http://railwayherald.com/imagingcentre/view/208428/PL
I've never seen many people there before so I wild have though the risk was low.
I knew it was coming, but I was horrified to see the 4 track open foot crossing had been replaced by a very large footbridge bound by very tall steel fencing. Good photos ate now pretty much impossible unless you have a tall ladder.
A real shame as it was one of my favourite places locally. This is how it was before hand:
Southbound Deltic - http://railwayherald.com/imagingcentre/view/202972/PL
Northbound Steam - http://railwayherald.com/imagingcentre/view/229370/PL
Southbound GC HST - http://railwayherald.com/imagingcentre/view/208428/PL
I've never seen many people there before so I wild have though the risk was low.
