• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arlanda Express - Stockholm, Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey

Member
Joined
23 Aug 2009
Messages
431
Location
Leeds
Hi guys!

I'm off to stockholm for a weekend break at the end of february - yay! so anyway was trying to make sense of the Arlanda Express ticketing... I noticed if you're 16-25 it's cheaper, was wondering what you had to provide to qualify for that? will my passport do?

Also I need to get to Arlanda by 5:15am for my return flight as international check-in for Norwegian Air Shuttle closes 45 mins before departure time, but the earliast Arlanda Express is at 4:38 and it takes 20 mins, which will be cutting it fine - is there any earliar regular trains?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

daikilo

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2010
Messages
1,623
Hi guys!

I'm off to stockholm for a weekend break at the end of february - yay! so anyway was trying to make sense of the Arlanda Express ticketing... I noticed if you're 16-25 it's cheaper, was wondering what you had to provide to qualify for that? will my passport do?

Also I need to get to Arlanda by 5:15am for my return flight as international check-in for Norwegian Air Shuttle closes 45 mins before departure time, but the earliast Arlanda Express is at 4:38 and it takes 20 mins, which will be cutting it fine - is there any earliar regular trains?

The express stops at T5 and T2/3/4. Norwegian depart form T2 or 4. The walk to checkin should be short. But anyway, try carry-on baggage and an internet check-in the previous evening, which means you can go straight to security and only need to be at the gate before closing (check Norwegian site for your flight).
 

monkey

Member
Joined
23 Aug 2009
Messages
431
Location
Leeds
^^unfortunately Norwegian don't have online check-in, so my best bet might be to get the previous nights arlanda express or risk it and try and checkin before getting the first train at stockholm central, as they're supposed to have check-in kiosks there, but that seems a bit risky to me...? I don't know how reliable the ArlandaExpress is either...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top