Having a look at timetable data, it seems like there are no trains timetabled (in either the working or public timetables) to arrive, depart, or pass a station at exactly 0000. I'm curious if anyone knows the background here - I assume this is deliberately done to avoid confusion or some technical limitations? Does this constraint cause any scheduling irregularities, e.g. otherwise-hourly trains leaving a minute early/late to avoid a midnight stop?
One guess is that CIF-format schedules seem to use 0000 for "no public time" (for example, stations that are skipped or pick-up/set-down only), and they want to avoid that ambiguity.
For what it's worth, there are a few (6 in the timetable I was looking at) trains scheduled to pass a timing point at 0000½, but never to arrive or depart.
One guess is that CIF-format schedules seem to use 0000 for "no public time" (for example, stations that are skipped or pick-up/set-down only), and they want to avoid that ambiguity.
For what it's worth, there are a few (6 in the timetable I was looking at) trains scheduled to pass a timing point at 0000½, but never to arrive or depart.

