None announced yet.Hello Board Members
I am hoping to get back on the rails in September but I am concerned about booking a trip that is on strike days.
Are there any strike days announced by the unions for September?
TIA
There is absolutely no sign that any settlement is in sight for the TOCs. Although talks continue, the companies are effectively stalling pending direction from the government.
It’s not much better on Network Rail, but the talks are slightly more constructive. Although again, we appear to be very far from any agreements being made.
So I predict that there will be strikes in September. The unions are not likely to announce dates just yet though.
I'd say so as today is the 13th, but it depends on when you're returning!I’m due to travel on the 27th this month, and given that 14 days notice is required for strikes, I assume I am in the ‘all clear’?
I have booked a trip with LNER on the 3rd September, so I hope there are no strikes on that day!I was going to ask the same thing, I booked mines in advance with LNER a few months back but was wondering about September too (I’m the week of the 12th)
Be aware there are 2 TOCs that i know off who have had too re ballot due to a dispute of some sort between the companies in question and ASLEF (Legal Technicalities) - these ballots are due by the 25th Aug. As mentioned a 14 day notice period is required which would take the date to the 8th Sept. I would anticipate from what i hear those companies in question who have NOT yet under gone strike action will be looking at Sat 10th or 17th Sept - yes speculation but those dates are a strong possibility.
In the North of England yes, thats all i was aware off but as some previously posted so are EMRHmm. Let me guess - Northern and Trans Pennine per chance ?
Shame as Northern has been a beacon of stability of late.
In the North of England yes, thats all i was aware off but as some previously posted so are EMR
Where it seems to be written in B&W that they do not really know how Railway rosters work !View attachment 119195View attachment 119196
Given this letter grant shapps has issued I’d say the problem will not be resolved anytime soon.
Hopefully a change of transport Secretary will see sense and tell the DFT to stop blocking negotiations.Where it seems to be written in B&W that they do not really know how Railway rosters work !
View attachment 119195View attachment 119196
Given this letter grant shapps has issued I’d say the problem will not be resolved anytime soon.
View attachment 119195View attachment 119196
Given this letter grant shapps has issued I’d say the problem will not be resolved anytime soon.
He has an extra 3 lives as depends which of the four names he currently goes under.If anyone falls under the Welwyn Hatfield constituency, please vote for someone other than that tool at the next general election.
I dont think that is how it works.Hopefully a change of transport Secretary will see sense and tell the DFT to stop blocking negotiations.
Who controls the DFt?I dont think that is how it works.
He could be retrained as an Avanti train driverSounds like tripe from the Government.
If they want 35 hour weeks, they should employ enough people to work 35 hour weeks. If not, employ them to work longer.
Sooner Schapps is redeployed, the better.
It was Labour in 1997-2005. Maybe they could re-elect a Labour MP next time.If anyone falls under the Welwyn Hatfield constituency, please vote for someone other than that tool at the next general election.
He could be retrained as an Avanti train driver
It was Labour in 1997-2005. Maybe they could re-elect a Labour MP next time.![]()
I doubt he’d be accepted into ASLEF thoughHe might enjoy it. Nowt wrong with a mid life change of career !