• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are southern due to have a different/extra livery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

317663

Member
Joined
30 Sep 2013
Messages
98
Location
Weymouth
Are southern due to have à different/extra livery?
I remember seeing something in ansick article but I don't know what one.
Either way, we need a new livery...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
6,387
Location
Wennington Crossovers
Will the combined Thameslink-Southern-Great Northern use trains in their existing livery or will a new one be created? (and as ChiefPlanner says , passengers will use the trains anyway).
 

transmanche

Established Member
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
6,021
Will the combined Thameslink-Southern-Great Northern use trains in their existing livery or will a new one be created?
I guess that will be a choice that the successful franchise bidder will make.

It wouldn't surprise me if they opted for three different-but-similar liveries (a la SWT) to distinguish between Thameslink, Great Northern and Southern services.

(I hope the Southern logo stays; with it's retro feel, it's the best logo on the network!)
 

patstonuk

Member
Joined
20 Sep 2013
Messages
30
Hasn't the new TSGN livery already appeared - as on 365517 and the mock-up of 700001?
 

Fincra5

Established Member
Joined
6 Jun 2009
Messages
2,636
Not sure if all the trains will be repainted into that boring TSGN livery...

I hope not.
 

JB25

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2013
Messages
355
I thought the bidders had to come up with a livery? As nothing has been announced yet, do we even know the TSGN livery? Probably not!
 

transmanche

Established Member
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
6,021
I thought the bidders had to come up with a livery? As nothing has been announced yet, do we even know the TSGN livery? Probably not!
The TSGN ITT says the franchisee is expected to:
use branding to maximise the value of the franchise (having regard to both costs and benefits);
maintain and, where practicable, enhance the “Gatwick
Express” brand

and as part of their submission, include:
the strategy for branding the franchise as a whole and different elements within it, including what approach the Bidder will adopt for Gatwick Express and other Airport services.

So you're right, it's up to the bidders.
 

JB25

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2013
Messages
355
I keep imagining TSGN in pale green with violet/purple. Seems a bit Scottish Thistle in colour though. :o
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top