They are new, reinstating maps that they used to do years ago. I don’t think a full set has been created as yet.Does anyone know if the council produce these maps for any other areas of the country? They were numbered 1, 2 and 7 which suggests so but couldn't find any evidence online, or even easily accessible pdf versions.
Very encouraging to hear - there's a similar project in Oxfordshire but yet to go to print AFAIK.They are new, reinstating maps that they used to do years ago. I don’t think a full set has been created as yet.
Lancashire is interesting where due to a combination of operators doing timetables and the council doing them for their tendered routes, there are printed timetables available for the vast majority of routes in the county.
There was Dales Bus guides at Carlisle Railway Station.They are excellent. Between them and Dales Bus, we are very well provided for despite North Yorkshire Councils complete lack of interest in timetables.
Must be the last proper first bus timetable booklet.First here have printed a summer timetable!
It's 88 glossy pages. Which is great to see, except... the X52 doesn't go to Axminster. How this got through their quality control...
I found a Lancashire Bus Map for Accrington earlier this year.I was very pleased whilst visiting Preston today to find a comprehensive selection of paper publicity in the Harris gallery/cultural centre, including:
- Two Stagecoach booklets for North and South Lancashire - both to a high standard and including maps, in the North Stagecoach really seems to be doing well on this.
- A Preston Bus booklet covering all their routes with individual maps for each route but no network map I could see.
- Three county council maps for Lancaster, Fylde Coast and Hyndburn.
- Council produced leaflets for pretty much every other route in a fairly wide area - I assume these are mostly tenders?
Does anyone know if the council produce these maps for any other areas of the country? They were numbered 1, 2 and 7 which suggests so but couldn't find any evidence online, or even easily accessible pdf versions.
Confusingly, with both operators and the council producing these impressive publications, they were nowhere to be seen at Preston Bus Station, which does seems an odd choice.
Yes the hut is still on Weymouth seafront with Dave at the helm, lots of positive comments about all his help online. First have produced 2 excellent guides this year:It’s nice to see a printed timetable by First in Weymouth. Do they still have a hut on Weymouth seafront with a member of staff on duty?
Must be the last proper first bus timetable booklet.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I think the Preston Bus desk at Preston Bus Station now only opens for a couple of hours a day. And I don’t think the LCC window next to it opens at all. I remember seeing something about it being reopened as part of the BSIP funding (page 2 of https://council.lancashire.gov.uk/documents/s232444/Report.pdf) but it doesn’t seem to have happened yet.There was Dales Bus guides at Carlisle Railway Station.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Must be the last proper first bus timetable booklet.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I found a Lancashire Bus Map for Accrington earlier this year.
I haven't seen any timetables at Preston Bus Station. Perhaps they are in the office but I have seen it it open. It would make sense to have a rack of timetables, Lancaster does this.
Cardiff Bus Interchange had Cardiff Bus Map and a North East Cardiff Bus guide on two racks.
I don't think Stagecoach print any timetables in Scotland now.Very encouraging to hear - there's a similar project in Oxfordshire but yet to go to print AFAIK.
Hadn't previously thought of Stagecoach as good with printed publicity but between these, the excellent Peak and Lake District books, and West's booklets, they're now perhaps among the best of the big groups? Although Midlands and Scotland still leave much to be desired.
Thanks
Sorry I should have explained - although you have had some replies since!Good for them.
What's WATAG?
X51 bus survey
WATAG campaigns for better public transport in West Dorset
Our main priority is to seek an hourly service on the X51 bus running between Bridport and Dorchester – seven days a week, all year round and running later into the evening
Please help us to improve the bus service by completing the survey below. We will use your input to provide evidence for the level of public support
(If you prefer to complete the survey by hand, paper copies are available at the Bridport Tourist Information Centre)
stephensons of essex have 2 timetable booklets iSorry I should have explained - although you have had some replies since!
If anyone lives locally or intends to use the service, there is a survey that can be completed online.
Hi, do you know where the West Cumbria guides can be found?Stagecoach also produce guides for Carlisle & Solway and for West Cumbria.
You should be able to get them at Workington Bus Station, in the dispensers at the end of each stand (or ask at the Inspectors Office). Workington Library (opposite the Bus Station) should also have them. Carlisle Bus Station is also another good source. There is also a Barrow Area Bus Guide available dated 23 March 2026 available which I got one time at Barrow Railway Station. (includes the 6/X6 to Windermere/Kendal and the 7/X7 to Whitehaven).Hi, do you know where the West Cumbria guides can be found?