Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I should imagine they'll have to find at least 1 new unit from somewhere to run the increased-frequency Severn Beach Line in December (provided the Lib Dems don't strengthen their Anti-rail stance again) - but I'm not sure of any other goings on.
They were supposed to be ridding themselves of all the Angel owned 158s and at one time were said to thinking of the imminent disposal of 158864-872. May be the fact that they are still in use equates to what you have read. I can't always correlate what FGW say in press releases and indeed what Ms Forster has said to me in a private e-mail with the various stock movements and levels. I'm sure FGW massage figures and play with words to make themselves look good.
According to my information the only off-lease stock that FGW could re-hire are the four 153s and 158860 at Eastleigh; and 158855 at Crewe. There are of course other units formerly with ATW that are currently available.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.