The passenger
Member
- Joined
- 1 Mar 2008
- Messages
- 13
Hello all together,
first of all happy easter to everyone here.
My boss told me, that a couple of days of my annual vacation from 2012 are still left, so I've to spend these days in the next weeks.
I've decided to make my surprising spring vacation in the UK. As I am an enthusiast of night trains, Caledonian Sleeper trains are most interesting for me.
In April so I will use the CS train to Aberdeen. Last time I've used the CS (couple of years ago) all trains under wires were hauled by class 90 electric locos. Are there any changes since then? Somewhere on the www I've red, that it is planned to change haulage to class 92 electric locos. Is this already in effect?
As the Aberdeen portion of the train will Diesel-hauled from Edinburgh onwards, are there still EWS/DB Schenker class 67 locos in use? Is there still a litte chance to have a class 37 on the train or are they already completly withdrawn from sleeper services?
By the way - for my desired trip on the CS I was glad to find a 'bargain berth'-ticket for as little as 39 GBP on the Scotrail website. Booking process was no problem anyway, but when I made my payment, Scotrail denied my booking because purchasing an self print online ticket with an non UK issued credit card is against their T&C's. Finally, it seems to be impossible now for foreign customers to use 'bargain berth'-tickets, what totally surprises me, because I never had any problems using my german credit card at Scotrail or any other TOC in the UK before. I wrote a formal complaint to Scotrail, but everything I got was a standardised reply, which had nothing in common with my enquiry. Is there an official board of arbitration under surveillance of National Rail or something similar? I feel deeply disadvantaged by this treatment, because I had to buy a much more expensive ticket, which is almost twice as expensive as the 'bargain berth'-ticket.
Thanks in advance for every little help.
Kind regards from southern Bavaria
The passenger
Edit: Sorry for choosing the wrong section.
first of all happy easter to everyone here.
My boss told me, that a couple of days of my annual vacation from 2012 are still left, so I've to spend these days in the next weeks.
I've decided to make my surprising spring vacation in the UK. As I am an enthusiast of night trains, Caledonian Sleeper trains are most interesting for me.
In April so I will use the CS train to Aberdeen. Last time I've used the CS (couple of years ago) all trains under wires were hauled by class 90 electric locos. Are there any changes since then? Somewhere on the www I've red, that it is planned to change haulage to class 92 electric locos. Is this already in effect?
As the Aberdeen portion of the train will Diesel-hauled from Edinburgh onwards, are there still EWS/DB Schenker class 67 locos in use? Is there still a litte chance to have a class 37 on the train or are they already completly withdrawn from sleeper services?
By the way - for my desired trip on the CS I was glad to find a 'bargain berth'-ticket for as little as 39 GBP on the Scotrail website. Booking process was no problem anyway, but when I made my payment, Scotrail denied my booking because purchasing an self print online ticket with an non UK issued credit card is against their T&C's. Finally, it seems to be impossible now for foreign customers to use 'bargain berth'-tickets, what totally surprises me, because I never had any problems using my german credit card at Scotrail or any other TOC in the UK before. I wrote a formal complaint to Scotrail, but everything I got was a standardised reply, which had nothing in common with my enquiry. Is there an official board of arbitration under surveillance of National Rail or something similar? I feel deeply disadvantaged by this treatment, because I had to buy a much more expensive ticket, which is almost twice as expensive as the 'bargain berth'-ticket.
Thanks in advance for every little help.
Kind regards from southern Bavaria
The passenger
Edit: Sorry for choosing the wrong section.
Last edited: