stretchdj74
Member
- Joined
- 17 Oct 2013
- Messages
- 50
Does anyone know if the 09.53 1D34 Manchester Pic to Holyhead and 13.07 1H89 return are still 67 hauled? RTT is suggesting it is. If they are likely to continue for the summer timetable? Many thanks.
Yes they are. Currently 67014 but due to be replaced by 67010 or 67029 at some point this week. Not sure about the summer but not heard it’s going to change.Does anyone know if the 09.53 1D34 Manchester Pic to Holyhead and 13.07 1H89 return are still 67 hauled? RTT is suggesting it is. If they are likely to continue for the summer timetable? Many thanks.
The plan is to use Mk4's to replace Mk3's. So the 67's will still be around on that route. As to wether it will be the same diagrams I'm not sure.
Thanks Tom67029 has replaced 67014 for now.
Thanks for that, I'm guessing it will be a good few months before the Mk4s are free and have been refurbished/tidied up.The Mk4s are going on Holyhead-Cardiff (3 sets, 3tpd each way), replacing the Mk3s on "Gerald", and still 67-hauled.
Holyhead-Manchester will go back to DMUs next year.
The Mk4s are going on Holyhead-Cardiff (3 sets, 3tpd each way), replacing the Mk3s on "Gerald", and still 67-hauled.
Holyhead-Manchester will go back to DMUs next year.
Gutted! Only thing that makes the commute to/from work enjoyable is being hauled by a 67!
and the 16.50 from Manchester is always packed as far as Chester.....I hope it is a decent double set DMU or it wont be much fun at all in 2 or 3 carriages.
There is extra capacity with the northern service starting soon albeit from Victoria.
Hopefully people realise this and use it, and the folk who won't get a stop on the northern service (Runcorn east, frodsham, helsby) benefit.
But knowing passengers as I do I doubt it.
The peak time Northern services from Victoria at 1707 appears not to be stopping at NLW. Bonus for us WBQ to Ellesmere Port passengers who may get a seat.The Newton le Willows commuters will soon discover the Victoria service.
They currently boost the North Wales train loads significantly in the peaks.
The peak services all stop at Helsby. Three in the morning and two in the evening. The 1707 from Victoria skips to WBQ then all stations to Ellesmere Port.There is extra capacity with the northern service starting soon albeit from Victoria.
Hopefully people realise this and use it, and the folk who won't get a stop on the northern service (Runcorn east, frodsham, helsby) benefit.
But knowing passengers as I do I doubt it.
The peak services all stop at Helsby. Three in the morning and two in the evening. The 1707 from Victoria skips to WBQ then all stations to Ellesmere Port.
Indeed. Also as the E Port service in the morning is a convenient time, passengers from Chester may use Helsby to interchange from the 0712 TFW service and the same of an evening linking the 1707 from Vic with the TFW service that leaves Picc at 1715.Looks like the Helsby car park might be filling up quicker in that case.
Will this train have summer Saturday diagrams again?
Noted yesterday at 12-50 67001 towing dead 67020 and stock through Man Piccadilly platform 1467014 failed yesterday and taken out of service at Chester. 67020 was brought in for today and has failed at Manchester!
Noted yesterday at 12-50 67001 towing dead 67020 and stock through Man Piccadilly platform 14
Advances Manchester to Holyhead are typically £26 each way so an off peak return is only £3 or so more. As for bikes, there is a guards van in the driver trailer so I'm hoping they use this. I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrongInteresting... What cycle provision is available on this holyhead train and any decent discount tickets?
Advances Manchester to Holyhead are typically £26 each way so an off peak return is only £3 or so more. As for bikes, there is a guards van in the driver trailer so I'm hoping they use this. I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong
Advances Manchester to Holyhead are typically £26 each way so an off peak return is only £3 or so more. As for bikes, there is a guards van in the driver trailer so I'm hoping they use this. I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong