• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Applying for another role whilst waiting for assessment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanda08

Guest
Joined
19 Oct 2019
Messages
304
I have an assessment for TM for EMR on 20th November, but today EMR have posted a new vacancy for Senior Conductor. I would like to apply for this in case I luck out at the TM post, but not sure if this is the done thing?
Would it look strange to apply for this when I have my assessment date coming up?
Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daydr3am3r

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2018
Messages
408
Hi Amanda.

I have seen plenty of people on this forum going for two different roles at the same time.
At the end of the day at this stage you are applying for a spot in s talent pool with no conditional offer. There’s no harm for giving yourself increased chances of working on the railway by applying for a second role.
I would go for it, and if you are still worried there is no harm in pinging a quick email to HR for reassurance.

Good luck!
 

Supertrains19

Member
Joined
18 Apr 2019
Messages
72
Location
Worcester
The only problem is whether EMR class these as two different roles, it’s not so much the role as the department you are controlled in so probably customer service, also if you were to fail any part of the testing then you would have a minimum edit of 6 months regardless of if they class then as different, best bet would be a call/email to recruitment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top