• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

applied for delay compensation AND refund, only want the refund.. what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

clover60a

New Member
Joined
11 Jun 2025
Messages
2
Location
london
Hi so my train was cancelled and I did not end up taking the train. Trainline would not let me apply for a refund online so I went to AWC website for delay compensation and put delay for more than 60-120 minutes (as it was literally cancelled). However they only gave me a partial refund of 15 minutes, probably because there was another train after my train (which I DID NOT take). So I applied for a refund through trainline by calling them, surprisingly they pick up their phone quite quickly. I now have gotten a refund from trainline, however, not sure what to do with the extra amount collected from AWC. I dont want to be flagged as fraudulent, any advice?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clover60a

New Member
Joined
11 Jun 2025
Messages
2
Location
london
Yeah but I dont think they can because money is already on the way as my claim was approved..
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,801
Location
UK
Yeah but I dont think they can because money is already on the way as my claim was approved..
It's still important to contact them to avoid any accusations of fraud down the line. If you have told them you've been 'paid twice', and offer to pay it back, the ball is in their court.

They may say they don't have any way of receiving the money back, which isn't really true, but if they tell you to keep it along with the Trainline refund, you are on much clearer ground should there be any investigation in the future.
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,801
Location
UK
By cheque, for example, which might include the return of their cheque.
Cheque isn't one of the payment options Avanti offers for Delay Repay.
 

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
Cheque isn't one of the payment options Avanti offers for Delay Repay.
I don't memorize how all 20 or so TOCs pay DelayRepay, which is why I used the term "might", which denotes an unknown possibility.
 

Elecman

Established Member
Joined
31 Dec 2013
Messages
3,583
Location
Lancashire
Contact Avanti Twitter team thru will send you Avanti banking details so you can transfer the money back to them and then send them confirmation of the repayment
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top